Wednesday, May 13, 2009

forged bar bracelet

i seem to be having a wee love affair with one of my creations of late.


yesterday, the sale of another of my wide forged sterling bar bracelets, made me feel so proud, finding i identify with the solidity of the bracelet and feel a kinship with those who choose to have me hand forge one for themselves or another.

John and I both wear one, and the size and weight of the wide bars (i make a narrow version, too) REALLY suits a man well, though these pictures were done with my dear friend Loren the model.











last november, a client whose wedding rings i had forged from afar, came to san diego and visited me in the studio. he is an incredibly talented and erudite man and when he asked me to forge this bracelet for him, well, i believe i blushed.



this is what he had to say after wearing the bracelet for a month, of which, as a lifelong artist and artisan, I have to say, I'm very proud:



"Dear Heather-



Hope your vacation was a spot of bliss for you. Thought you might like to know that the bracelet has fused itself to my being - hard to explain why. People have commented not only on how interesting and great a piece it is, but also how naturally and well it seems to suit me. Feels that way from the inside as well.



Many thanks."







No comments:

Post a Comment