Wednesday, May 27, 2009

hammered man's ring


Finished forging and polishing out this sterling silver ring today and fit right onto the finger of our friend photographer Mike Brown.





The aggressively hammered texture and polishing that stops short of "shiny" shows well on men and leaves room for the inevitable wearing away of the metal over time, a softenign that shows *very* well on men who never take their rings off.





Remember these pictures are only a few hours after I finished polishing the ring, so there is no wear or even oxidization on the ring you see here.


I'm always very happy when my clients really love the final product-- actually that's part of why I make jewelry-- but I'm especially happy today because Mike is as stoked on his ring like I am of the gorgeous picture he took of me in my studio that now graces my site and my profile pic here-- thanks again, Mike!

1 comment:

  1. Love the hammered style.I like the non glossy or matt look of it with the hammered style.beautiful ring designed and displayed here.Innovative and unusual.
    Gold Charm

    ReplyDelete